Sunday, January 26, 2014

Summer holidays



We are on summer holidays for a week. It is going to be lovely.

Although I didn't manage to finish any sewing for myself before we left - my shorts are two thirds done, but my saltspring remains a dream, I have packed some knitting.

I usually give myself a choice of projects, but this time the box of yarn was in a tricky spot, so I took the easy option if picking what I could reach.

I've been knitting for a very long time, but I've never really knitted anything for myself. I'm choosing not to count the practice cables that became the world's smallest scarf. I picked the yarn and this jumper about 18 months ago. I loved the summery feel.

Then I started knitting it. It is a very basic lace-style pattern that creates a mesh look. Unfortunately if you make a mistake the whole  thing unravels - quickly. I know because it has happened to me twice. The second time I was so disgusted I put the whole thing away, then I got pregnant again and thoughts of this completely disappeared.

Now we're at my parents' house At the beach and I love to sit on the couch and knit with my Mum. So I'm giving it a go again. I don't like to admit defeat, but I do feel if I don't finish this soon, I really should give away the yarn to someone who will actually use it.

Progress so far is just rib, but slowly slowly...

No comments:

Post a Comment