Sunday, February 2, 2014

A January retrospective and a February prospective

Not sure that you can use prospective as a noun, but hey, it's the internets, anything goes.

So in January I set out to make
  • Monkey big butt baby pants for the young gentleman in my life - check
  • Shirred birdy dress for the young lady - check
  • Boxers for the leading man - check (but unblogged)
  • A dress for me, hopefully a saltspring maxi to enjoy before summer is over - nope
  • Toy elephant for the young lady - nope
  • Toy giraffe for the young gentleman - nope
  • gifts for childcarers (the young lady is about to move rooms) - nope
I also made two quilt blocks. Then I went away for a week, so not too bad. I won't suggest I'm particularly productive, but equally, it's not too shabby. Considering I didn't take the Christmas tree down until 25 January, getting any sewing done was an achievement.

My plan for February is
  • Gifts for childcarers
  • Finish my iris shorts
  • Skirt for the little lady
  • UFO black jersey pants
  • Blue jays for the little lady
  • More boxers for the leading man, I think I might try a production line approach this time
  • Four quilt blocks
  • Keep knitting my jumper
  • Start some granny squares for a baby blanket
  • Dress for me?
  • Faux chenille blanket for the young gentleman
I abandoned the first dress I started making, because in my current ultra-busty state I no longer fit into the largest Megan Nielsen size (only really an issue in wovens). My bust is currently 15 centimetres bigger than it was pre-(second) pregnancy. I could do an FBA, but really all my measurements are all over the shop - I'm six kilograms lighter than when I got pregnant, but I can't really wear my thinner clothes yet. For me, the body I have after babies is more about the stretching than the weight. So not sure how I feel about sewing up nice woven dresses. I go with some knits instead and just make some skirts and pants.

I think I have probably been too ambitious for February (particularly given that it only goes for 28 days and we are three days in already) but I'm also not going to get sad if I don't get it all done. If I get nothing done, well, that's a different story, but fingers crossed I can get *something* done.

On with the sewing!

No comments:

Post a Comment