Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Try something Tuesday #2

So I had some stitching success last week - I stitched two lines of my son's blanket with my walking foot. 'Twas easy, but good grief it was slow. I *will* keep going with the blanket, but I get bored and seek the more instant gratification of sewing new clothes.

Today I decided to revisit a previous  fail, using a Big 4 pattern to make children's pants. I have attempted this before, the results were not very wearable. Since then, I have just avoided sewing pants from these patterns did children. This was fine when I was only sewing for my daughter, but now I am sewing for my son too, pants need to come into the equation. 

So I traced off McCall's 6779 in some stash pin whale cord - fruity no less and we'll see how they go. Hopefully they will be assembled tomorrow.

I'm planning in sewing some pants for myself  in the next couple of weeks, so it's always good to have a mini  practice, it's just a shame mine won't be fruity, or elastic waisted.

2 comments:

  1. Have you checked out the Hosh Pants pattern by LouBee Clothing? I made some for my neice and they end up as a really nice slim pant. They have adjustable elastic in the waistband, so they can keep fitting as the kid grows, and they are made for stretch twill. They work really well over diapers for my baby niece, but I've also seen then look cute on older kids too!
    Katie made them here: http://katiekadiddlehopper.blogspot.ca/2014/04/pattern-parcel-2-hanami-top-and-hosh.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually bought that Perfect Patterns parcel, so I have the Hosh pants pattern. Next week when my machine is being serviced, I'm going to sort through my fabric hovel and I should be able to find a stretch woven in there to sew them up :)

      Delete