Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Online fabric haul 2 - some designer knits.


Fabric.com recently had a sale on designer fabrics, so I took the opportunity to purchase some designer knits, some I had already been pleased with, the Riley Blake knits in particular and some I wanted to have a feel an inspect for myself, so I also purchase some Robert Kaufman Laguna jersey and some Valori Wells (for RK) interlock. It was a good shop and a nice present to receive from past Erin (because it's past Erin who spent the money, Erin today just gets to enjoy the fabric).



Just to put the pricing in perspective, Riley Blake knits are AUD$20-$24 per metre, the regular price per yard on fabric.com is USD$13 per yard, so on sale and being smart with postage, it is a significant saving.

The fabrics I purchased were (links are to fabric.com, because that's where I purchased it):

Riley Blake pink and navy one inch stripe jersey
Riley Blake rainbow small chevron
Riley Blake tone on tone red chevron
Valori Wells interlock
Robert Kaufman Laguna jersey aqua polka dot

And now, I have some sewing to do.

2 comments:

  1. They all look great! I'm glad you got a good deal on on Fabric.com - just imagine how much fabric we'd own if we didn't have to pay international shipping on top of all the bargains! ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! Paying shipping is probably a good thing for me, keeps me from getting carried away. My approach is to keep it on the lowest level of shipping, so I can only purchase up to what can be shipped for $30. Fabric is incredibly expensive here (particularly if you want to purchase something good quality), so it is often a lot cheaper to buy from overseas, even with shipping.

      Delete